Respect come from commitment and achievements earned on the way to become a Club’s Member. The work and the self-improvement are not easy and can take a time and require a lot of effort. Nevertheless, we trust that all who decide to take up the challenge are fully aware of the choice and commitment they are making.

Regardless of our opinion about a person wearing club colors, we should treat them with respect.

The main reason why respect is so important for motorcycle clubs is the fact that these people have put their hearts and souls, and often risked their lives, into becoming Club Members. Arousing respect is also important in contact with  „non-biker” parts of the society. That’s a large group which has an enormous impact on the overall opinion about motorcycle clubs and they can have influence the prosperity and development of a motorcycle clubs environment. For instance, no one wants to be called an ‘organ donor’ – a false opinions that is widely considered offensive for motorbikers. It is imperative to remember that a single motorbikers’  behaviour affects for opinion about all of them. That is why good relations with the rest of society are particularly important. Our goal is to inspire respect and admiration, never fear or hatred..


The Club Colours are one of the most important and valuable things in our lives.

Doesn’t matter which club you belong to – big, small, global, local, MC , FG, or other – The Colors must be protected and treated with respect and dignity.

To be able to wear the Colors you must fully commit to the club affairs, show loyalty and high level of self-discipline – it’s a long way and challenging task.


The general public doesn’t know or care much about differences between particular clubs. They see no difference between MC and FG clubs, their role and status in our community. They just see a bikers. That often leads to spreading false opinions about motorcycle clubs at all. Unfortunately inappropriate behaviour, misdemeanours or even the crimes have influence for opinion about anyone member of biker society – and mainly the members of motorcycle clubs. That is way it is very important for every single motorbiker to know that their behaviour has its consequences.

There are some principle rules for members of motorcycle clubs:

  • Never share information and details about yours Club with anyone outside.
  • Be aware that you represent your Club 24 hours a day, not only when you put on Club Colors
  • Everything what you do or you say can have influence for the Club or your membership in it. It is also clear that for unacceptable behaviour you can be punished as well.
  • The Club Colors  means more than just patches and way to show others membership. The Colors mean brotherhood, commitment and deep personal relationships within the Club. The Members have to work very hard to build and keep good relationship as in family.
  • Do not hesitate to help and support your brothers, share a unique relationship –  Brotherhood is the heart and soul of every Club.

Although it may sound  very idealistic – that’s the way it is , or should be. It’s an ultimate goal we want to achieve, no matter the circumstances. Knowing, respecting and following the rules and customs of the biker society is of an enormous value for every Club Member.

Respect for Respect – you reap what you sow.


Everyone who want to join a club should be prepared for a long and often challenging way.

The way to from Hangaround to Prospect and finally become the Member of the Club it is not like fast jump from a bottom to the top, it is rather like long walk up on the hill. During that time the Prospect becoming stronger, more commited to the Club and get trust and better relationship with brothers from the Club. Every ‘patch’ you wear has to be earned. Becoming a Member is not a goal, it’s just another step on the never ending road. Became the Member means you can not rest now, it means that your work has just really started. The longer you are a Member the harder your work becomes but the trust, the brotherhood and the respect grow stronger.


Being a Prospect does not mean you are admitted into the club. It is though, a very important stage. This is the time when people get to know you and get to assess your capability, strength and commitment to the club.

During this time the Prospect has to:

  • Prove to be a responsible and respectable person.
  • Gain knowledge about the biker society, clubs and rules they follow.
  • Learns a good habits to protect his Club and how to live among other clubs and communicating with them.
  • Learns to cooperate with the Club and learns its goals.
  • Get used to be trustworthy and giving trust payback.

This is not the end of list of requirements, but whether you prove to be worthy of becoming a Member is only up to you. There are lots of goals to achieve, lots of things to learn and may rules to follow. This is a long and challenging road – but it is also very rewarding.

There is no recipe for success – but respect and personal values are the key things.


The term “1% Motorcycle Club” is commonly used to describe outlaw motorcyclist as the other 99% of them riders are law-abiding citizens.

In this respect, outlaw does not mean a law-breaker or a criminal , but it means living out of the societies rules, excercising the freedom and the independence, having fun, riding the motorbikes 7 days a week and strenghtening the Brotherhood.

The expression “1%”was coined when the AMA (American Motorcycle Association) was said to make a statement in response to the 1947 Hollister Riot in Hollister, California which stated that 99% of motorcycle riders are law-abiding citizens. Not long after the comment was made by the American Motorcycle Association the clubs of the time stated that they were the other 1%. Among them were the first legendary clubs ’13 Rebels’ and ‘The Booze Fighters MC’ founded in 1946 by Willy Forkner, George Menkner and Dink Burns. Their motto – similar to many other clubs of the period- was ‘to have fun’.

Motorcycle clubs gained momentum in the latter half of the 1940’s, the timing was not random. World War 2 was just over and there were a large number of ex-servicemen returning from the war who found that there was not the same “rush” as in battle when they were back at home with a normal life.At this same time there were also a large number of ex-military Harley Davidson motorcycles that were no longer required.

Put the two of these items together and suddenly you had the fix for the boredom of the ex-servicemen. They had now regained their excitement as well as had a way to continue their brotherhood.

Clubs who have defined themselves as 1% motorcycle clubs will wear a patch with “1%” or “1%er” on their vest –  a well known and popular symbol of freedom and independence.

Facebook image